Choosing a backup sollution for your wordpress site is essential. Google drive is 15gb free and has an option for 1.99$ for 100GB
Dropbox only has 7gb free and starts at 1TB for 9.99$ It depends how much you need but I would recommend google as it was reasonably quick to setup. It took me less than 1 hour.
After you get a storage sollution like google drive, then link the google drive account to active and setup the UpdraftPlus plugin for wordpress backup.
Some Google webmaster tools:
Webmaster verification: (to verify you own the domain easiest is to upload a verification file into your home directory)
After this we can start to link the wordpress plugin to
- You need to create an API at google and fill in the url provided from the settings page of your updraft plugin on your wordpress page
- Then you setup the API details on the settings of the Updraft plus plugin on your wordpress page, filling in the url and key
- Then you need to register and verify your domain with google
- Then you need to joing a risky app group as a security measure from google:
- Then you only can link and verify that the Updraft plugin can use your google account and drive. You do this on your wordpress page under the updraft plugin settings and click save. You will be asked to click on a google link which takes you to your email sign in. Choose your account or fill in your gmail username and password and your Updraft plugin is now linked to your google drive and backup of your wordpress site should be up and running.
- Once you are done with the OAuth approval page and able to test you app, we recommend you should “Leave this group“. Go to https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/risky-access-by-unreviewed-apps and click on my settings to leave the group
- You must enable the google drive API: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/drive.googleapis.com/
- You are done. The wordpress backup plugin Updraft should now be backing up to your google drive