Claims the labyrinth was found:
During the 19th century, the remains of the Labyrinth were discovered “11½ miles from the pyramid of Hawara, in the province of Faioum.” The Labyrinth was likely modified and added upon “at various times. The names of more than one king have been found there, the oldest name being that of Amenemhat III. “It is unnecessary to imagine more than that it was monumental, and a monument of more than one king of Egypt.”
In 1898, the Harpers Dictionary of Classical Antiquities described the structure as “the largest of all the temples of Egypt, the so-called Labyrinth, of which, however, only the foundation stones have been preserved.”
Leonhard Schmitz, George Eden Marindin, Labyrinthus entry, in William Smith et al. (editors), Dictionary of Greek and Roman Antiquities, published 1890.